What does it mean for a business to contribute to a sustainable world?
How to be a sustainable business?
Both the reformist and transformational sustainable world approaches see the business sector as a (or the) major cause of ecological harms at local, regional and global scales. As a result of that, this sector needs to play a key role in solving these problems.
The actions to take to progress towards sustainable world outcome, including:
- reducing pollution,
- increasing efficiency of resource use,
- investing in new ‘cleaner’ technologies,
- redesigning and re-engineering products and services to make them more environmentally friendly,
- engaging with various social actors to improve firm performance in meeting social expectations,
- transferring modern technologies to poorer nations, and so on
The sustainable business highlights 2 main ways:
- The focus is on the business itself
- The focus of the well-being + justice sustainable world principle
Create a sustainable tomorrow, follow 7greengreen for more updates!